I WON MY "FIRST' BLOG AWARD!!!" Woooo-hooooo!!!!!!
I am so excited!!!! I WON my very first blog award THANK TO RAE over at 'TheBestOBooks', http://thebestobooks.blogspot.com/ Please be sure to check out her website, it's FANTASTIC and full of all kinds of interesting tid-bits.
Hmm....Now I'm supposed to tell 7 random facts about myself:
1. I'm disabled and totally housebound thanks to an injury at my nursing job 7 years ago. I was attacked by a patient and suffer with intense pain.
2. I was just (May 5th/2011) diagnosed with Complex Partial Seizure Disorder.
3. I've been married to my wonderful husband, Vic, for 32 happy and loving years!
4. We have two boys: Mike (21) and Rob (19)
5. I have three dogs: "Nellie" is a 9-year-old German Shepherd, "Buddy" is a 2-year-old Black Labrador and "Maggie" is an 11-month-old Chihuahua and "yes" they play together! The big dogs are kind and very gentle with little Maggie.
6. I translate university papers for students in Italy, Austria and Slovakia.
7. I make grammar booklets for children in two villages in Tanzania through a non-profit organization called "Hearts in Unity". I make grammar booklets by translating Swahili words into English words. Quite often up to 25-50 children must share ONE grammar booklet. Anyone can make these, why not get involved yourself, it's a very humbling experience. I also write letters and postcards to the children in two different villages. One village is at the bottom of Mt. Meru and the other Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Now I get to do the really fun and exciting part, nominating "15" other people to share this honourable award with! Is YOUR name here??
1. My Life In Stories
2. Here There Be Fantasies
3. Adrian's Drift
4. Let's Book It
5. My Library of Thoughts
6. The Open Page
7. Waking At Dawn
8. Book Savvy Babe
9. Magic of Reading
10. Sarah's Book Shelves
11. So Many Books, So Little Time
12. Jess Free Falcon
13. The Fictionators
14. Trees and Ink
15. Hannah E. Carson
CONGRATULATIONS to all the new winners of "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award"! It is something to be proud of, I know I am.
An extra special THANK YOU to Rae for all she put up with me being a total geek-a-zoid in not knowing how to pick up the award. Rae, you went above and beyond, and the level of your patience was truly that of an angel and for that, I humbly say a very, very special "Thank You" my friend!!
June 3, 2011