Thursday, August 11, 2011

WORLD'S BIGGEST ROCKING CHAIR!!

This is the World's Largest Rocking chair.  It's located on Highway #7 in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.  A few years ago it was located in downtown Peterborough but unfortunately, a group of individuals smashed it apart and it had to be re-built.  The store that it sat in front of was called "CraftWorks" and when they decided to move their store just outside the city limits, well, the newly built chair had a much nicer place to sit!  Many tourists in our "cottage country" area are photographed sitting on this chair each year.  It's quite a conversation piece.


This is the new "Craftworks" store, along with a sample of the Mennonite furniture that is made here.  This gives you a better idea of how the rocking chair is placed and you can certainly see how it dwarfs "real" sized furniture.  I've personally never crawled up to have my photo taken although I've been tempted.  I doubt a 53 year old woman standing on her walker would be a very pretty sight for most tourists!  We'd like to draw people to our community, not scare them away!!

8 comments:

  1. Love the photos.

    OLD FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love GIANT things! Makes ya feel like a little kid again! I'd love to sit up there and dangle my feet...if I ever find my way up that way, I WILL! :)

    (HI Louise!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very interesting post! I love stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unusual seeks unusual. made me wonder what saturday night live would do with this prop.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos here! I just expanded my blog from reviews only to include author interviews. You're right. It must have something to do with being over fifty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this post! unique and interesting idea! :)
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know where the Jolly Green Giant goes when he wants to relax.
    Mike
    Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete