Tuesday, March 13, 2012

BEYOND HOPE'S VALLEY:A BIG SKY NOVEL (TRICIA GOYER)


Story Description: 

After an extended stay in Montana, where Amish traditions are different than in her home state, Marianna Sommer returns to Indiana for two reasons, first to help her brother and his girlfriend prepare for a baby and their wedding.  Second, to plan her own wedding to Aaron Zook -- a marriage she’s been dreaming about ever since childhood.  And yet, although she had missed the idyllic farms and families of her upbringing, Marianna is surprised that Indiana is somehow making her long now for Montana.

As months pass, secrets that were hidden in winter’s frozen grasp thaw and take on a life of their own.  The truths about a child, about a past relationship, and about God’s plans are being revealed. Walking through a valley of questions, Marianna must hold on to hope as she decides where and with whom her heart truly belongs. 


My Review: 

This is the first Tricia Goyer novel that I’ve read and found it to be very disjointed.  The story line was difficult to follow, was very slow in places, and just didn’t hold my attention.  I found my mind wandering while reading and kept having to go back over the same material.  A disappointing read. 

Thank you to NetGalley for the preview copy.


2 comments:

  1. Sad that it was disppointing. I usually love Amish fiction but I'll pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Dana I usually love Amish fiction too but this one was truly disappointing. I almost didn't finish it.

    Have a great day!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete