Tuesday, February 11, 2014

NO ONE'S DAUGHTER (JASMINE BATH)


Story Synopsis:
"My name is Jasmine Bath and the memoir "No One's Daughter" is about my childhood during the 1960's and 70's. I did not write this book for sympathy or notoriety; I wrote it in an attempt to shed light on the ghosts that have haunted me for a lifetime, hoping that by putting them down on paper that I could look at them more objectively from a mature point of view and eventually free myself from them.

I began writing about specific incidents that happened, attempting to write them in the voice of the little girl I used to be, hoping to understand how these incidents had managed to still affect me as an adult. In giving the little girl I used to be her voice, I found peace."
My Review:
 
Jasmine suffered unspeakable abuse at the hands of her mother and her string of boyfriends. One in particular, Earl, was especially cruel laying a beating on Jasmine that almost killed her. From a very young age, Jasmine was responsible for taking care of her siblings and the house, a job much too difficult for someone her age. She became the parent.

Jasmine handled the subject matter with integrity and sensitivity. She is a survivor who deserves all the best that this world can give her.

I experienced so many emotions while reading this touching memoir. I ran the gamut from smiles to tears to horror to anger. Jasmine's mother was such a cruel woman and how she could treat this beautiful child the way she did is beyond me. How dare she abuse her role as a loving, caring mother and turn it into an absolute horror show.

Jasmine, you are a strong woman, a survivor and an example to many people around the world who have suffered some of the same abuse that you have that you can overcome the horrors of your past and move on into a brighter future.

I thank you for having the strength and the courage to share your story with the world and wish you all the best in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very, very much for such a kind review! You will never know how much this means to me or how perfect your timing is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine, you are more than welcome. I don't think I will ever forget you or your story. You ARE a survivor, a strong woman who deserves the very best. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments.

      Sincerely,
      Louise

      Delete